The Java Development Kit(JDK) allows you to code and run Java programs. In this tutorial, we show you how to install Java 11 on Windows and setting up environment variable JAVA_HOME
Follow below steps to download Java:
1. Refer the link to download JDK11. Here, I have 64 bit system and windows operating system, so selected – jdk-11.0.8_windows-x64_bin.exe
2. Click on the name – jdk-11.0.8_windows-x64_bin.exe, a dialog box as shown below will appear
3. If you do not have Oracle account, then go to AdoptOpenJDK link . AdoptOpenJDK uses infrastructure, build and test scripts to produce prebuilt binaries from OpenJDK™ class libraries and a choice of either OpenJDK or the Eclipse OpenJ9 VM. All AdoptOpenJDK binaries and scripts are open source licensed and available free.
Select appropriate version and JVM.
Here, I have selected Version – OpenJDK 11 and JVM as HotSpot
4. Double-click the JDK installer “OpenJDK11U-jdk_x64_windows_hotspot_11.0.8_10.exe” file.
5. Accept the License Agreement and click “Next” to continue
6. Click “Next” to continue.
7. Click Install to start the installation
8. Click Finish to end the installation
How to set Java JDK 11 Path in Windows 10?
1. Type – “View Advance” in the search option and we will see the option – View Advanced system setting.
2. In System Properties dialog, select Advanced tab and click on the Environment Variables button.
3. In “Environment variables” dialog, System variables, Clicks on the New button and add a JAVA_HOME variable and Variable value – mention the path where Java folder places.
4. Update System Path – In “Environment Variables” window under “System variables” select Path, click Edit and add path of java with bin
5. To verify, if JAVA is installed properly or not, open command prompt and type
java - version
6. To verify, if JAVA_HOME is configured properly or not, open command prompt and type